This my own recipe I came up with. I have done it twice now and it is pretty good. Still could use some tweaking and more exact measurements.
- 2 – 3 lb roast (chuck / rump / sirloin tip)
- 2 Italian sausage links (hot or mild)
- 5 gloves garlic
- 1/2 an onion sliced thick
- 1/4 jar of hot giardiniera
- 1/4 jar of mild giardiniera
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package Italian salad dressing mix (powdered packet)
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder, onion powder, oregeno
- 1 – beef bullion cube
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 cups of water
I brought 4 cups of water to a boil I rubbed down the meat with a bunch of oregano, salt and pepper Peeled the garlic and kind of smashed it with my hand, threw that, the bullion onion, giardiniera, bay leaf, & spices in the crock pot. Put in the boiling water, stirred it up. Put in the meat, threw in the sausage, cover it & cooked it on high for 4 hrs.
Buy Italian Beef, Giardiniera or Italian Sausage Click Here. Have a recipe you would like to share? Go to our recipe submission form.