“Portillo’s Restaurants”, in Chicago, are famous for their beef sandwiches. This would be one of those dishes you could make for your family and freeze leftovers for another meal.”
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaves
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- 5 lbs inside round roast (cap on)
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water, salt, ground black pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, parsley, garlic powder, bay leaf and salad dressing mix.
2. Stir well and bring just to a boil.
3. Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast.
4. Cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours OR high setting for 4 to 5 hours.
5. Remove bay leaf and shred meat with a fork.